DOHERTY BY SEA



Monday, September 20, 2010

From Las Palmas ro Takoradi , Ghana




Hi All,
One day away from Ghana. We have seen some beautiful sunsets and a sunrise or two on this leg of the voyage. The ladies/students w/ Traci are Alex (left) University of Texas and Heather University of San Diego. Both are sweet , great w/ the kids excellent students and did I mention easy on the eye's :) (Traci has got to write a blog or two soon) She wrote a novel last night then lost it do to the spotty Internet.
I was in touch w/ my old friend Billy Pisani who I recalled lived in Ghana somewhere 18 yrs ago. He told me it was Takoradi! He was working for Stone and Webster an engineering firm building a desalinisation plant. We will see how he did .
We have some nice plans in Ghana, possible orphanage, water village, and Eco lodge where I will be able to wet a line!! I've seen flying fish, dolphins, whales (one actually) and some busting small tuna. So its safe to say I am in need of the solitude of me and my fishing rod.
We are currently Travelling 170 degrees
Latitude 5' 01 N
Longitude 11' 42' W
the water depth is 10171 ft and we are only 42 NM off the coast of Africa.
The sea temp is 81'
wind - 24 knots
sea swell 7 ft.
sea 8 feet south
Hope you are all well
jd




2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back on the blog. Missed you.Love the pictures of Dec and his friend.Wonderful Picture of Traci and her friends. I remember Billy Pisani.What a surprise to be going to the same place he worked. I am so sorry for Traci losing her story for us. I look forward to her trying again. Withdrawal from your fishing rod must be tough. I hope you get in some good fishing and a little"Johnnie" space. I leave today for Catherine"s house to take care of the other3while we await Baby boy Berube due to be delivered at noon tomorrow. I will let you know
    who he is...name still a secret.I love my own computer and am learning a lot. I have been following your blog and posting the comments on it[[without any help}.I am taking it to Catherine's so I will stay in touch.
    Blessings to all
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci - you are soooo your mom in this picture. I have totally enjoyed and look forward to Johnnie's posts about your trip. You will all have a lifetime of memories.

    ReplyDelete