DOHERTY BY SEA



Monday, June 4, 2012

Steaming North to Panama


Que tal,

We are en-route to Panama city, Panama. Traci and I had an idea of what to expect on this voyage and the pace is non stop in a good way. The Explorer crew and the deans try to cram all the fun events into a very short time so even the on ship time is loaded. Last night was a talent show. Both Anna and Layne joined the rest of the dependent kids for a song . It was cute.

Traci so far has been able to deal w/ the different minor ailments coming her way . I know she did a wonderful service for the girl who was in the hospital in Quito. She will be joining us for sure in Panama to finish the voyage thanks in great part to Traci’s comfort and encouragement I think.

Yesterday we also had a bridge tour , fascinating stuff. This ship sails almost constantly 12 a year every yr and the crew and Captain keep it oiled, painted ,shined and ship shape along the way.

Tomorrow AM is a big day for me , I’m going fishing! I have a charter capt lined up to pick me up for the tender as we will be at anchor in Panama.  I am hoping for a Roosterfish.  I also hope to be able to paint something as the inspiration flows everyday checking out new cultures art work and style along w/ hour after hour at sea.

I Hope everyone has a great week!! We are on the home stretch see you all soon!

Best to all you land lubbers!!



4’ 21 minutes N

80’ 01 minutes W

Course 4’

Miles from Columbia 148

Sea depth 3900 ft



3 comments:

  1. Hi Doherty Family!
    This is amazing! My aunt Michelle told me to look at your blog because you were going on another trip. I hope to be able to do what you are doing one day; it sounds like an incredible adventure. Have a wonderful time, and I'll see you at Wychmere!
    - Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous family photo!!!

    Enjoy fishing in Panama! If you are sneaking a fish aboard... can't wait to see it painted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, That's great that they keep everyone so busy on the ship and that the girls were involved in the talent show! That girl was very lucky to have Traci in her corner since she is such a caring person and capable nurse!! The bridge tour sounds like it was really cool! I hope you have a fantastic time fishing, get the roosterfish and get to paint! Lastly, your pictures are wonderful - especially the one of the family!!!! Love, Lisa Pizza













    1

    ReplyDelete